Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Single and Not At All Ready to Mingle

Hello, readers!  Today I'm taking a break from my list of favorite tv shows (don't worry, I'll get around to finishing it) ... instead I'd like to go down my top 'why it sucks being single' list.

My boyfriend of 3 years and I broke up recently and let me tell you ... it sucked.  It still sucks.  And it'll probably continue to suck, thankfully a little less each day.  I should publicly apologize to all of my ex's for the crapola I likely put them through, because this is romantic karma biting me on the tush.

Anyways, here goes nothin'.  And really, I'm just trying to be funny, not spiteful (for the most part):

1) Now without a boyfriend or a roommate, I can officially declare myself to be a crazy cat lady.  Two cats plus one me minus a significant other = a seriously crazy cat lady.  Help!

2) Sundays used to be a day of rest and spending time with the Ex.  Now my attempts to make the day really busy have made me quite sleepy.  A sleepy Cat Lady is a cranky Cat Lady.

3) If I hear another customer at my bar ask about my relationship status, I'm going to scream.  I'M SINGLE, FOLKS!  And no, that doesn't mean I am available for the taking.  A new favorite line of mine: I'm single and not at all ready to mingle.

4) How do adults date?!  It was easy in college ... I'd be at a frat party, see a guy from my math class, and instantly have something to talk about.  The Ex and I were friends before we started dating and we got together right out of college.  Adult dating, I feel, will be more difficult.  Considering I don't attend frat parties and/or math class.

So there's the list.  I have absolutely the best friends on the planet and I really really love them for being there for me.  Oh, and if you know someone to set up with a crazy cat lady ... give them my digits in about 6 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment