Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter, Ya'll

First, I'd like to start by saying BIG UPS TO JC!  Let's remember the reason for the season, after all. 

After spending the last 2 days preparing, shopping, cleaning, and cooking for the big Easter dinner, I have a few thoughts that I would like to share:
  • Why do we call it Easter "dinner" when it's at like 2:00?  To me, that is a linner, not a dinner.  I'm attempting to start the trend of calling it that in my family. 
  • To that note, having Easter linner at 2:00 puts me in quite the pickle, because I am starving by the time we actually sit down to eat (despite the occasional "snizzle" of tasty treats during the day ... I have to make sure everything is seasoned correctly ... suurrre) and then we're all stuffed by 2:15 and then hungry again at like 8 at night.  So basically, Easter/Thanksgiving/Christmas (and all the other 362 days of the year) contribute to my needing a larger dress size for my brother's upcoming wedding
  • As today is Easter and Lent is no more, I finally get to eat iced cream (it's what I gave up this year and that was a huge mistake.  I'm worried that stock in Ben & Jerry's went down these past 40 days because of me.  Sorry, B&J)
Anyways, despite all of the work and then timeframe for eating, it was totally worth it.  Had a good Easter dinner with some of the people I love the most.  Happy Easter, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment