Saturday, July 16, 2011

Caffeine

I am addicted.  Perhaps my addiction is a bit more tame than that of a heroine addict, a crackhead, or an alcoholic.  However, I can appreciate the jonesing that my fellow addicts go through in wanting their drug of choice.

I need a soda, STAT!!

For the past 4 days I have been suffering with no soda in the house.  My friends, family, and coworkers all likely have been suffering right along with me, as my addition has affected those I love (and tolerate) in the following ways:
  • I'm cranky.  And mean.  And just plain irritable and unable to handle any form of annoyance
  • I'm exhausted. Naps have been my savior, but I wake up even more irritable
  • My incessant yawning is causing others to yawn and is causing people to constantly tell me to "wake up!!"
Yes, there is a simple solution: go to the store and get some damn soda.  However, my lack of caffeine has caused me to be too tired to get my butt to the store to get my drug of choice.  I set aside some soda from the bar last night to bring home but completely forgot, so here I am again without soda and without energy.  Darn you, soda!!!

Until next time ... hopefully I'll be more cheerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment