Monday, March 19, 2012

Home Sweet Dream Home

Ya'll, I am super tired of renting.  I am 25 years old and have been a renter for only 4 years but have lived in 4 homes (my current apartment is a record-breaker--I have been here well over a year).  Unfortunately, I have a decent amount of credit card debt, no savings, student loans, and a car payment.  Not exactly the ideal candidate for a home loan.  However, I am in the process of paying down my cards and getting some savings together (my tips from the bar every weekend are now going towards a future down payment)

My "dream" house requirements are pretty simple:
  • At least 3 bedrooms
  • 2 bathrooms preferable, but I'd deal with 1
  • Lots of natural light
  • Separate dining room
  • Decently upgraded kitchen
  • Closet/storage space
  • Location, location, location!  There's a 15 or so mile radius that I'm looking into.  My current town is likely where I'll do most of my hunting, but there's an adorable little small town area that I love too
  • No ghosts ... ok, so yes, this is ridiculous.  Yes, I have researched the laws of what a real estate agent must tell you re: dead bodies, etc.  And yes, this is a legit fear of mine.  What would happen if you bought a house, went to sleep for the first night, and then whamo! A ghost comes out.  Holy gracious, I'd flip the eff out!
A few other things I'd really like:
  • Good outdoor space (deck, patio, room for a grill at least!)
  • Attached garage ... ok, so by now if you're reading this blog you likely know that I am a crazy cat lady ... but my legit reason for wanting an attached garage (ya know, other than for snowy/rainy weather, extra storage, etc) is that I am petrified of the boys trying to sneak outside when I open the door.  They've only ever lived in apartments and make it a habit to attempt to run out in the hallway any chance they get.  All the places I'm looking at are on a main-ish road and I'm worried they'd get hurt or lost or whatever.  Ok, crazy cat lady rant over.
  • Finished basement ... or at least a basement that I can be in without being totally creeped out
Anyways, future home is pretty far off in the future ... I'm thinking I should be good to go in about a year and a half.  But a girl can always dream, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment